Set Nav update rate
This step-by-step tutorial will let you to manually set the nav update rate for the Base as well as the Rover.
First, connect your GNSS device to a computer using a USB micro cable.
Now start the U-blox “u-center” software. Then on the top left corner of the screen, left-click on the reversed tiny black triangle to select the COM Port related to your GNSS device. (it may differs from COM7 as shown in pictures)
Make sure the connection icon is blinking in the bottom state bar. It indicates that the serial communication between the computer and the GNSS device is working.
Next go to ‘View’ then click on “Generation 9 Configuration View”
A new window showing by default “GNSS Configuration” opens.
- 1.So first, click on “Advanced Configuration” to display all the configuration registers.
- 2.Then click on the small ‘+’ on the CFG-RATE line
- 3.You can now have access to an expanded menu and click on CFG-RATE-MEAS
- 4.Enter a valid update rate value in milliseconds (ex : a 1s refresh rate = 1000ms)
- 5.Click consecutively on RAM, BBR and Flash to write changes into RAM and both non-volatile memories (BBR and Flash)
- 6.Check the 3 corresponding commands are present in the “Ready to send” box and then click on ‘Send’